Which is the very best social networking tool for you and the business of yours – Facebook or twitter? Each has its pros and cons for business-building. Which is the best possible tool for cultivating solid Relationship Marketing for your organization?
Well, there are a lot of considerations. If we look at Twitter presently there are these factors:
– Twitter is good for sending a “broadcast” sales message to a large amount of people
– Twitter is very rapidly communication
– You are able to link to some webpage for more video, audio, sign up and other materials for moving customers up the connection ladder – Twitter is restricted to 140 character (who doesn’t know this now?) but 120 is better for “Re-Tweeting” or sending to others
– The perfect utilization of Twitter for enterprise (in my humble opinion) is for searching material and what’s being said about a given topic – Think of Twitter as a rapid way to send a message. Yes, for business we go way beyond the “my cat is sleeping” scenario (watch the video accompanying this article on my website*) to serious business applications.
Facebook, on another hand, is like a web. Some people are even saying today that Facebook can change the web. I do not believe we’re there yet but Facebook has a lot of advantages. Several of these include:
Ability to connect with individuals that have said they want to connect with you, i.e. they have put in you as a “friend.” This helps prevent junk mail coming because if someone sends junk mail or perhaps notices you are able to quickly eliminate them. The sender knows it’s a lot more than just deleting one e-mail but severing a hookup point so they are more unlikely to transmit junk of any kind (mail, video, audio, etc.) that would terminate a relationship.
– Video, audio and links are both on Facebook for multiple reasons.
– Pages give you the skill to have a strong business reputation as well as join with other people about your services and products
– Groups (the new feature in Facebook) offers you the ability to link with just a few individuals (up to 250 before chat is disconnected) who talk about common interests. See the video accompanying this post for a more detailed explanation of exactly how Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, thinks about this topic
– Applications give you the capability to produce a means for folks to have interaction with you and your company in a significant way.
The bottom line is the fact that both of these device have disadvantages and advantages. Many successful companies today believe “it is not either or, but each and” to utilize them for company.
Should you get involved with both you will find plenty of advantages. It will take work – no one ever declared Relationship Marketing would be easy. Relationship Marketing requires work but it’s well worth it. It’s about being there for customers in a way that helps them and also builds your bottom line.
Watch the video which is included in this article and you’ll get even more. Better still, apply that video for your next staff training. It’s below 11 minutes so it can comfortably work with the office training needs of yours. Added bonus on the Video – Discover two other methods that come straight into Facebook and Twitter to raise profits for your company.
Social networking is intertwined in small business right now and Relationship Marketing. Knowing how to use the tools out there allows you to reach a lot more customers, build a better business and add to your bottom line.
You’ll want to view the accompanying video. Any questions? Send email and we will get back with you.